Friday 27 July 2012

Where She Went - REVIEW

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.




                         
                              
                                      4 Smokin' Kisses


“Barrel of the gun, rounds one two three
She says I have to pick: choose you, or choose me
Metal to the temple, the explosion is deafening
Lick the blood that covers me
She’s the last one standing"

Wow. I defenitly liked Where She Went better than If I Stay . While the other one was devestating, a girl losing her whole family & is stuck in a Coma with the choice to live or die, and decides to stay because of her boyfriend... Where She Went , is just heart breaking. You really see inside Adams heart & head, its crazy how he just feels So much hurt & pain because Mia left him, but he realizes he cant do anything about it. I mean, he doesnt just sit there and think " I miss mia" , No, this guy is legit Heart Broken . Like.. Adele Heart broken. He became famous for his heartbreaking lyrics, with so much raw emotion, its easy to see in the lyric snippets Forman provides the way Adams heart is on the verge of breaking.

“How does it feel that the only worthy thing you ever created came from the worst kind of loss?”

Mia was literly everything to him.. and he lost her. Mia goes to Julliard to live her dream, and all though Adam offers to go with her, she refuses.. and they both part ways for what looks to be the last time.

"She kissed me good-bye. She told me that she loved me more than life itself. Then she stepped through security.
She never came back."


So, As Adam Wilde goes through his rockstar life, which he isn't too fond of, one night he is destined to cross paths with Mia Hall again. They are together again for one night, and Adam has so many questions, but its clear he's scared to say anything that might ruin his moment with Mia. He is fighting an  internal battle.... ask her Why , or treasure my time with her now?

However, the truth is inevitable, and Adam quickly realizes that he isn't the only one who is missing and hurting.

"You know, I thought about that a lot these last couple of years,” she says in a choked voice. “About who was there for you. Who held your hand while you grieved for all that you’d lost?”

After losing her whole family, Mia is understandably in shock, with so much hate inside her. She Hated Adam for making her stay without her family. But she loves him so much. Its so bitter sweet.

“You were so busy trying to be my savior that you left me all alone.”

Honestly, being able to see inside Adams mind and his feelings.. and then hearing how Mia's heart break affected her.. this is truly one unique, gut-wretching story.

“But I'd do it again. I know that now. I'd make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she's somewhere out there. Alive.” 


When Mia and Adam finally realize that they cannot live without each other, its seriously so beautiful
Im sad that this story has come to an end. but the ending is perfect, and im glad that there isnt a third book, simply for the reason that Where she went was just so perfect, that writing any more would ruin the feel you get once you're done the novel. Excellent Job Forman, you have proven yourself worthy of successfully creating a beautiful & heart breaking story.


"Hate me. Devastate me. Annihilate me. Re-create me. Re-create me. Won't you, won't you, won't you re-create me.” 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment