Monday 3 September 2012

Review: Onyx

Onyx (Lux, #2)Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



                     
                                   5 Smokin' Kisses

                               ***

Sweet baby aliens. This book was [ excuse my language ] fucking amazing. I couldn't put this book down  no matter how hard I tried. I'm pretty sure I even stopped breathing at one point. Armentrout is a pure genious. This is totally a forget-to-feed-your-cat, read-at-the-dinner-table-till-mama-rips-it-out-of-your-hands book. I kid you not. Oh & You will DEFINITLY swoon over Daemon. I dont care if you're a girl or boy- you WILL find Daemon sexy. Forever & Always.

Things are still hush about Daemon healing Katy the night of the attack, but the secret is getting harder to keep when Katy starts tossing chairs & shattering windows without touching them. Katy is confused about her feelings towards Daemon, while he is now more open about his feelings- Katy is just the opposite. The creepy connection between them isn't helping- Neither is the new hot surfer boy, Blake, that popped into town as soon as Katy's powers began making appereances. Coincidence? Katy quickly discovers that nothing is a coincidence when you're dealing with Aliens & the DOD, who have been sneaking around more than usual. No secret is safe & trust isn't something to be given freely- as betrayal & lies are commen factors when dealing between life & death, & a society that would do anything to expose you & have you dead.

I definitly enjoyed Onyx much more than Obsidian , although both earned 5 star ratings. There were SO many steamin' hot moments between Daemon & Katy, god, I'm pretty sure i drooled a couple times.... Fine. Alot of times.

Honestly, I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading from Katy's perspective. I absoloutly ADORE her personality. She's hilarious, sensitive, head strong, loving & stupid. I love being in her thoughts. I found myself laughing throughout the entire novel, and my heart shattering shortly after. I just love this damn serious so much. Katy & Daemon are PERFECT. I couldn't tell you many times I wanted to slap the living cows out of Katy for denying Daemon. Ugh he's so perfect. My Book boyfriend for life. Anyways, enough swooning (not really)- The book is just extremely well written. Extremely. Probably one of the most well written books I have ever read. The writting isn't too sophisticated, but It's just so much fun reading from Katy's perspective that seriously, she could make paint drying funny & interesting. The way she reacts emotionally to everything happens around her - sometimes witty, sometimes heart-felt .. it's really beautifully written. Thank you Armentrout.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I hate Will, Katy's mom's new hubhub? *shivers* I never liked the guy.

I was upset that I didn't get to see much of Dee however. Since her and Adam were getting it on [ahem] the whole book, she was hardly around. When she was around, it was quite depressing since her & Katy have been drifting apart. Dee is definitly one of my favorite characters (right after Daemon), so I was slightly disappointed. But the amazing story line made up for it.

Actually, now that I think about it, Most of the novel was composed of Katy, Daemon, Blake & the DOD. All the other characters, Like Ash, Adam, Andrew, Matthew etc. Made tiny appereances (some appereances more important than others), but mostly nothing major. Usually that would be a bad thing, but The story was just so damn good that It didn't even matter. the charcaters came in where it mattered, but I felt that the book definitly didn't fall short at all, even with the story being mostly concentrated on Daemon & Katy (and Blake).

For Daemon fans, Onyx is heaven. In Obsidian he was kind of a jerk. All though he came through at the end, and he was totally swoon worthy in both novels, In onyx... oh god. He's just so lovable. He stopped trying to play it safe & showed his sweet soft side towards Katy constantly. I seriouisly wanted to smack Katy for denying his love for her, but hey, the girl had a point from the way he treated her in the beggining. But nontheless, both couldn't stay away, thank god, because if they did... well, the story wouldn't be as interesting. Can I marry Daemon?!?! omg seriously, Armentrout is making my boy standards a litttleeee high, since i'm most likely going to be comparing real-life boys to Daemon.... forever alone? I think so.

Other than that, honestly, you'll be suprised at the ending. Onyx is one hell of a ride. If you haven't started reading the serious, I have no clue why you're reading this.. go read Obsidian NOW. These books are amazing.

Impressive ending. Swoon worthy boy. Edge-of -your-seat plot. Love-Hate romance. Betrayal & Lies. - You wont put it down until you're done this hot mess. Your mother will most likely get angry with you. So will your Math teacher. You have been warned.

Happy reading peeps!!

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment